The Northeast Oregon Small Woodlands Association (NEOSWA) is a member organization of small woodland owners and those interested in forestry and natural resources. NEOSWA covers Counties in part of the Blue Mountain region, including: Baker, Grant, Union, and Wallowa Counties. NEOSWA is a Chapter of the Oregon Small Woodlands Association (OSWA), the parent organization supporting the interests of small woodland owners across Oregon.
- Educate, recruit, and support small woodland owners as they address best practices and challenges of small woodland management, including:
- Encouraging the sustainability of small woodlands in Northeastern Oregon as viable economic, ecological, and socially responsible components of the community.
- Providing a medium for exchange of ideas concerning woodlands by landowners, public agencies, consultants, timber industry personal, and other entities related to forestry and natural resources.
- Represent the interests of owners of small woodlands before legislative bodies and administrative agencies especially as they relate to property rights. Submit issues to the Oregon Small Woodlands Association for their consideration for legislative action.
- Educate and inform the general public regarding the best practices and challenges of small woodland management.
- Represent the Oregon Small Woodlands Association in Northeast Oregon.
Debi Lorence, President
Maurizio Valerio, Vice-President
Counties: Union, Baker
Randy Guyer, Treasurer
Jacob Putney, Secretary
Counties: Baker, Grant
Jack Kleinhoff, Board Member
Paul Harlan, Board Member
If you are interesting in being involved or would like to learn more about the Northeast Oregon Chapter, or the Oregon Small Woodlands Association, please contact us at NEORWoodlands@gmail.com or visit https://www.oswa.org/blog/